HCG Diet Plan
- Eat whatever foods you like as often as you like throughout the day. This will accustom your body to a higher concentration of fat calories in the blood and prepare you for the 500 calorie/day HCG Diet.
- Drink plenty of water, tea, or coffee.
- Starting at day 1, hold one HCG tablet or eleven drops of liquid HCG under your tongue for three to five minutes before eating or drinking anything. Eleven drops is just under 0.25 ml if you are using a measured dropper or syringe.
- Starting at day 1, check and record your weight every morning at the same time after using the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything.
- After day 3, the HCG Diet consists of 500 calories per day. The HCG hormone stimulates your body to release stored fat into the bloodstream so you will have much more than 500 calories available to your system and you should not be hungry.
- After day 3, avoid all high glycemic index foods. These include sugars (white sugar, brown sugar, and any ingredients ending in -ose such as sucrose, fructose, lactose, etc) and starches (flour, bread, pasta, rice, corn, corn starch, potatoes, etc). These foods stimulate the release of insulin, which allows your body to store excess calories as fat. No alcohol is allowed on this diet because your liver converts alcohol into the same compounds produced by high glycemic index foods. Melba toast is the only bread on this diet.
- You may use a small amount of cooking spray but no oils, butter, margarine, or spreads.
- Any additional calories or consumption of foods not explicitly listed as allowed will interrupt the action of HCG and you may see no weight loss for up to three days.
- You are allowed two fruits per day from the following list: apples, oranges, half-grapefruits, or strawberries. You may have one of the fruits for breakfast, if desired. You may not save your fruits and consume them at the same meal. The second fruit may be consumed at any time throughout the day as long as it is at least three hours after consuming the first fruit and at least three hours before bedtime. In addition, you are allowed the juice of one lemon (2½ tablespoons) per day to use as you wish (add to foods or water, use as salad dressing, etc).
- Acceptable vegetables are asparagus, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, fennel, lettuce, onions, radishes, spinach, tomatoes, and salsa. Do not consume other vegetables, regardless of calories, because they will interfere with the metabolic processes that allow you to lose weight on this diet.
- If you need between meal snacks, we recommend sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, or Melba toast. These calories count toward the daily 500 calorie total.
- If you eat fewer than 500 calories in a day, you cannot add the difference to another day.
- Up to two cans (24 ounces total) of diet soda (must be zero calories) may be consumed each day.
- Use a food scale to weigh meal ingredients. It is very difficult to accurately estimate the weight of meats and vegetables by volume and it is easy to consume too many calories on this diet. We recommend that you divide whole or cubed meat portions into 3.5 ounce (100 gram), precooked portions and freeze them in zip lock bags for easy future use.
- Find and use a computerized calorie counter that you like. There are many free online sites and free or inexpensive applications for your smartphone or computer that record your food intake, calculate the calories, and allow you to access nutritional information for raw, cooked, and restaurant foods.
Diet Tips After Day 3
- Drink plenty of water, tea, or coffee (no sugar, milk, skim milk, cream, or artificial creamers).
Lunch and Dinner:
- Eat no more than 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of lean protein such as chicken breast, lean beef, lean pork, cod, crab, shrimp, tilapia, trout, or bass. Oily fishes such as tuna or salmon are not allowed. The 3.5 ounce limit is the precooked weight.
- Vegetables can be eaten raw, steamed, or grilled.
- Use apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, or low-sugar salsa for salad dressing.
Top of page